Last July, Frank shared a tank car with a misguided paint job. The model can be seen above. He has since corrected the issues and now has another car in service. Here’s what he did to turn a lemon into lemonade.
To refresh some memories, I was working on Resin Car Works Kit 1.04. I painted the grey and masked that area, then painted the rest of the tank red. The lower tank, frame and trucks were painted separately then the car was assembled. When I went to place the decals, they did not fit. I had made the grey area too wide and shouldn’t be any wider than the platform.
I returned to the scene of the crime and wondered about the work to get this model into service. I chose to hit the Easy Button. No, a big box office supply joint did not do the work. I repainted the car in black, which is appropriate for my era, and used a different decal set. SHPX 7004 is the result.
I think it looks better as a black car anyway.
Questions and comments can be posted below. Please follow the instructions so your comment can be posted. All comments are reviewed and approved before they appear. To subscribe to this blog, enter your info for a comment and check the last box to notify of new posts by email.